11.22.2005

birthday post

went to work even if it's my birthday. what i got was some fire and brimstone moment with a old woman. but i'm too happy to be pissed off. well of course i was close to getting really pissed off. but hey, it's my birthday. and i'm not the senti type but i do like to be happy in my birthday just because. just because.

just recently noticed that my blog has turned more than a year old. that makes me happy. for no particular reason i feel happy. maybe because i like the feeling of having a near-record of one-year of thought-threads readily available for my perusal during my nostalgia attacks, hehe. i don't recall being able to do this before, except maybe when i was in high school when we had this student diary which we had to fill up with thoughts every day. but even that one isn't something i took seriously, before or until now. or at least until i stumble on an old copy.

i'm tired but i'm happy. thanks alanis for that line. i love you and yes, avril is a whining loser. she's such a phony annoyance.

i'm also happy because of small things. the god of small things is smiling. thanks to arundhati roy.
i'm happy because my birthday sometimes coincides with a fiesta, the feast of Christ the King. This year it didn't quite go like that but it doesn't matter.
i'm happy because my wife still loves me, the universe's biggest jerk.
i'm happy that i can write crappy lines.

but i am also mad that my seatmate here in this computer shop is playing some stupid computer game that shoots missiles up in the air whose soundtrack is totally annoying. can't you play something a little less neanderthal?

recently i've been liking that word. neanderthal. hehe. i wonder who in the office i'll be shouting that invective to first.

ladies and gentlemen, allow me to blow the candles please. i'm turning a year older and i actually like it.

:)

5 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uy, happy bday pre! ingat!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger dyeproks said...

salamat po! :)

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday kuya dyep! may banner ang SA ah. nilagay sa harap ng gabay. oops, binuwag na pala colayco. hehe

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated happy birfday. :D

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger color_blind said...

happy birthday jeff :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home